- Before use ensure that the surface or plywood and laminates is clean, dry, leveled and free of oils, excess moisture or other contaminates, such as dust, synthetic particles etc.
- The adhesive should always be stirred before use. Sufficient adhesive should be applied on either or both of the surfaces to be bonded. Don’t add water into adhesive it makes the bonding weak.
- Once the adhesive applied is tricky in nature (usually requires 5-10 minutes, depending on atmospheric conditions), the laminate should be placed on the surface, accurately aligned.
- Sufficient bonding procedure to ensure intimate contact necessary for an adequate bond should be applied over the entire area using as much as procedure as possible without damaging the assembly. Pinch rollers(rotary press) and heavy weighted rollers are ideal. Hand rolling should be done from the center to edges to ensure the removal of all air bubbles. The edges should be rolled twice.
- For satisfactory bonding, the area in question should be keeps under pressure for a period of 12-18 hours (depending on atmospheric conditions)
- In rainy season or when humidity is too high, moisture may-condense on the surface during drying (know as “blushing”) and will prevent an acceptable bond. Hot spray or forced air drying may be used to help prevent this condition.
- It is recommended that the maximum sheet size used for vertical field application be limited to 640×2440 mm (2×8 ft.).
- When laminate is pasted vertically, maintain uniform pressure on all sides till adhesive is dried.
- To avoid stress cracking, avoid making cut outs having sharp corners and rough edges.
- A gap of minimum 2,mm should be maintained between two laminates while pasting side by side.